Pages

Mar 4, 2013

So it's been awhile... Updates...

I know, I've pretty much fallen off the blogging bandwagon this week. Life has been a little out of control lately...

(soaking in some sun in our backyard, after a hard morning potty training)

I mentioned in the last post that we decided to potty train Will... it's gone okay I guess. But it definitely wasn't one of those "How I Magically Potty Trained My Kid in Three Days" experiences you see all over Pinterest. Darn you Pinterest, and your unrealistic expectations. We're still working on it, but it's been a struggle- mostly because I don't like to move or bend these days- did I mention I'm 34 weeks pregnant?

 (the baby shower my friends threw for me this week, they went all-out. So nice of them!)

Anyway, besides that, this pregnancy has just started to get really tiring. I'm exhausted even though I get nothing done! We haven't really been leaving the house much- because of the potty-training and because I'm tired... so we're all getting frustrated and claustrophobic. Cabin fever at it's finest, people.

 (Learning about the sensor on the nightlight... cover it with your nose, and it turns on! Magic!)

There have been a few highs and quite a few lows, and I'm sure my hormones haven't helped out anyone this week. It's been an emotionally, physically, and spiritually draining couple of weeks- which might explain the lack of posts.

 (Will, tucking in his "baby" for a nap)

On the other hand- when I step back and look around, things really are good. On my hardest days, my mom has been an angel and has stepped in with whatever we need, and I think we're getting to the end of the training (two and a half weeks later!) I've also been reading Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin, and so far I'm really enjoying it. I haven't decided if I like it because of the actual ideas in the book (which are really good) or if it's just the effect of reading and thinking positive thoughts- either way, it's good to get a fresh perspective on life and all our blessings.

Looking back on this post, I don't feel like the pictures of the last couple weeks really match what I'm typing, but sometimes that's how life is, right? We record all the positive moments and try to just simply move past the rest. This is more of a personal post than I typically write, but I feel like I need to be honest about how hard  life can be sometimes, even when it's really, really wonderful. Can you relate?

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see a new post from you. I really like it when you check in! Which is super selfish of me...And I just want to say to hang in there. I had my second when my first was 23 months old. I had many, many hard days during that pregnancy, and I didn't work outside the home and pretty much felt useless. Lying on the sofa while my toddler watched Sesame Street and ate cheerios. But even though it was hard, I look back and remember what a sweet little boy I had. I wanted him potty trained before the baby came, and he actually did a really good job. My secret was nudity and a potty in the living room. For him, that is. Anyway, hang in there! You are almost there, and then you will have two sweet angels to exhaust you and test you and love you. It's a gift.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking a minute to comment, I love hearing what you think! You rock.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...